Bexar County Academy Entrepreneurial, Enrichment and Afterschool programs provides hands-on, engaging programs designed to bring leadership concepts into real-time for each scholar:
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) program (6th-8th grade) which focus on developing an entrepreneurial mindset. NFTE is an entrepreneurial educational program integrated within BCA's core curriculum, gives our scholars a real-world experience-based learning environment. The learning methods include creating practical experiences of teamwork, problem-based learning, hands-on project-based work, and learning:
START UP TECH PROGRAM (In-person)
- Introduction to App Development (Mobile App)
- Business ideation and crafting the pitch
- Creating a Business Plan
- Crafting an Elevator Speech
- Student Start-up Showcase and much more!
Experience is essential in order for young people to build the skills necessary to lead change and create jobs. Here at Bexar County Academy, we believe students learn best by having the opportunity to apply their newfound education and knowledge. We create a solid foundation for future leaders and entrepreneurs by:
- Developing our scholars’ confidence
- Supporting scholars in overcoming personal challenges
- Guiding each scholar towards a personal vision
To learn more about the program, click here www.nfte.com.
ALAMO ARTS ACADEMY MULTI-MEDIA EDUCATION
Alamo Arts Academy Multi-Media Educational Curriculum (6th-8th Grade): The Alamo Arts Academy is a year-round, multi-media, educational curriculum for 6th-8th grade scholars both online and in-person. The program provides career and college-readiness by giving scholars the opportunity to learn from professionals, challenge themselves academically and motivate their creativity through multi-media platforms including: Film Production, Audio Engineering, Graphic Design and Photography! Click here for more information.
Tutorial Program is provided Monday through Friday from 3:30-5:30pm at Bexar County Academy. Our certified general teachers and special education teachers provide accelerated learning in Math and Reading. Scholars are able to be assisted with homework from their general classrooms.
Extended School Year (SUMMER SCHOOL) is offered to BCA scholars with an opportunity to participate in engaging fine arts, urban arts, creative workshops, field trips and more!
Our school offers SPORTS and Clubs, GO Mustangs: Soccer, basketball, volleyball, Dance, Spelling Bee club and more!
P.A.M. MEDIA OUTREACH
The partnership facilitated by P.A.M. Media Outreach offers a leadership program to BCA’s middle school scholars (7th to 8th graders) designed to help guide youths of 'Inner-City and Urban Communities" through experience that will empower them to become tomorrow's community leaders. To learn more, click here.
Revive The Culture (All Ages): Urban Fine Arts program that provides scholars the opportunity to engage with culturally relevant activities while learning foundational music and dance skills including Music Theory, Music Composition, Jazz Progression, Latin Ballroom, Dance Production and more!