Welcome to BCACS Distance Learning Program
BCACS launched Google Classroom via Distance Learning program the week of March 16, 2020. BCACS leadership team emailed communication to all parents/guardians who had an active email address outlining the 3-steps to access the new, online Distance Learning program.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) will need to check for email(s) that include your student’s personal BCACS Gmail Google Account for access to BCACS distance learning program and curriculum.
- Starting, the week of 16 -20 March, your child/children will be able to log onto Google Classroom using their own email or assigned personal student Gmail Google account created by their teacher with parent permission.
- Upon logging into account, you will see a Google invite pending from your student’s teacher(s). Please accept each teacher’s Google Classroom invitation to allow your student(s) access to join each teacher’s virtual Google Classroom(s) to review their curriculum, assignments, and due dates.
Attendance Monitoring & Quality Control:
BCACS Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) will diligently monitor and reach out to parents and scholars to ensure they are receiving an equitable learning experience via virtual google classroom(s), Dojo, and/or receive hard copy handout(s) material for those scholars without access to technology. Scholar’s attendance will be tracked and monitored via:
- Scholar(s) virtual Google Classroom login
- Scholar(s) online classroom participation
Google Classroom Virtual Navigation:
Scholar(s) online classroom schedule(s) will help them navigate from one virtual classroom to their next virtual classroom during the school day as follows:
- Virtual Classrooms: Monday – Friday
- Pre-K virtual classroom time: 10 am to 12:45 pm
- Kinder - 8th grade virtual classroom time: 10 am to 3 pm
Assignments will be listed and posted for students to review including a “Call to Action” requesting the student to send a reply email indicating that they have successfully logged into the virtual classroom.
Please read teacher(s) instructions every day on “How to submit homework assignments” as it may vary by teacher and subject.
Parent(s)/Teacher(s) Online Communication:
Parent(s) and/or guardian(s) can communicate with their scholar’s teacher(s) via two (2) methods:
- Google Classroom: Parent(s) can send a message via your scholar’s google classroom access. This method of communications can be seen by you, your scholar and your scholar’s teacher.
- Send an email directly to your scholar’s teacher: Parent(s) can send an email directly to their scholar’s teacher(s) via their Bexar County Academy email address. This method of communications is confidential and can be seen only by you and your scholar’s teacher.
- Remind App is a convenient communication tool: BCA teachers use Remind App to send a message(s) to parent(s) and/or scholar(s) for updates, assignments etc.
Thank you for participating in Bexar County Academy Charter School Distance Learning Program.
“The traditional way of educating our children no longer works. So, we must, transform the tradition.”
Dr. Ross F. Williams Jr., Superintendent
Bexar County Academy Charter School